Democracy at a Crossroads:
New Politics and Civil Society in Ukraine
April 26-28, 2015, Kyiv, Ukraine
The international conference: Democracy at a Crossroads: New Politics and Civil Society in Ukraine will focus on a reflection of enormous changes and events that took place in Ukraine as well as forecasting and laying the fundamentals of a stable and predictable development of Ukraine and CEE region in the future. The aim of the conference is to analyze the already existing achievements and to inspire the young generation of leaders to go ahead confidently along the path of democracy.
This conference becomes a platform for discussion the importance of democratization of Ukraine for the future of Europe and the World, including Russia and the former Soviet bloc and the ways of supporting the Ukrainian society.
During the plenary sessions will be explored topics:
- Democracy at a Crossroads: Ukraine as the Pivotal Nation;
- New Politics and Civil Society in Ukraine;
- New Challenges for Civil Society in a Time of Conflict: Governance, Public Engagement, and Stability;
- Global Assistance for Reforming States: the Eastern Partnership and Beyond;
- Civil Society Leaders into the Parliament and Government;
- Russian Propaganda and How to Counter it;
- Eastern Partnership– Future and Geopolitical Consequences.
The conference will bring together over 200 participants from different regions of the world, including political leaders, representatives of international and regional organizations, civic society leaders, academia, youth and media, as well as donor agencies and foundations interested in sharing their experience in building democracy, information exchange and exploring new strategies for further work in mentioned field. The participants and guests represent Ukraine, Central and Eastern European countries, countries of Eastern Partnership, the Baltic States and the Balkan region.
Working languages of the conferences are English and Ukrainian.